Perfect Curls

Hi there :)

As so many girls are asking I thought it would be good to make a little blog entry about my hair :)
First of all: yes, the curls and the colour are all natural and I have a LOT of hair so mostly I don't wear any extensions and I never backcombed it in my whole life ( I get that effect by simply combing it, by the way^^).
I don't have a special hair cut and only cut the edges about once or twice a year... or less, if I forget it ;)
What I do is washing it only twice a week, maybe even trice but not too often. I do not blow-dry my hair too much and wear one or two plaits every night wich is good to keep it curly and you don't need to comb it that much.
 Weil mich so viele Mädels danach gefragt haben dachte ich mir, dass ich mal einen Blogeintrag dazu schreibe :) Zuerst einmal: Ja, die Locken und die Farbe sind von Natur aus so und ich hab wirklich eine ganze Menge Haare. Meistens hab ich also auch keine Extensions drin (manchmal halt zum Shooten) und toupiert hab ich sie auch noch nie. Bei mir reicht das hingegen schon sie einfach nur zu kämmen und alles ist mega plusterig, daher mach ich das meistens nur direkt vor dem Waschen.
Ich hab da keinen speziellen Schnitt drin sondern lasse einfach alles so rumwuchern wie es will, schneide ein oder zwei mal im Jahr die Spitzen (oder weniger, wenn ich es vergesse^^) und ich bin einigermaßen vorsichtig damit. Waschen mach ich meist so zwei Mal die Woche, auf jeden Fall nicht zu oft. Danach versuche ich auch immer sie nicht trocken zu föhnen und nachts flechte ich mir immer ein bis zwei Zöpfe damit das alles nicht so verklettet. Außerdem werden meine Locken gleichmäßiger wenn ich sie schon beim Trocknen in zwei Zöpfe flechte und sie dann den Rest über Nacht trocknen können :)

Here are some of my favourite proucts! Even if I originally posted this in 2012 and just updated it (june '14), I still like the same things. I just added a hair mask to my list of favourites! :)
Hier sind also ein paar meiner Lieblingsprodukte! Der ursprüngliche Post ist ja schon von 2012 aber auch jetzt, wo ich ihn extra um einer deutschen Übersetzung willen noch mal bearbeite, hat sich nicht viel verändert. Nur eine weitere Haarmaske bzw. die Alverde Haarbutter ist noch dazu gekommen :)

Nivea:
You can put a little bit in the long parts of your hair - but don't use too much of it! Otherwise it might look like you didn't wash your hair in ages ;)
I think nivea is pretty awesome to make your hair look less frizzy. Also I use it to remove my make-up.
I only use the "classical" one as I have an allergy to Nivea Soft and most of the body lotions...
Man kann prima ein klein wenig Nivea in den Händen verreiben und dann in den Haaren verteilen. Aber nicht zu viel, sonst wird es fettig! Ich bin ein großer Fan von Nivea weil die Haare dann weniger frizzelig aussehen, es günstig ist und ich es gleichzeitig eh immer zum abschminken (Augen & Lippen) benutze. Denn gegen Reinigunssachen bin ich ansonsten leider meist allergisch ^^

Frizz Ease Finishing Cream:
Makes your hair look less frizzy, too. I also have the shampoo but I don't see a big effect... So this styling cream is the best, I think. I don't use it very often but it works very well.
Hilft super gegen frizzelige Haare! Eigentlich benutz ich es nicht mehr wirklich viel weil ich nicht so sicher war was die Sache mit den Tierversuchen angeht... aber es hilft auf jeden Fall prima!

Alverde Repair Haarmaske:
The repair hair mask is THE stuff. I don't need to say so much - try it yourself, you immediately feel the difference. There also is a hair butter available which I also like a lot.
DAS BESTE was ich je benutzt hab. Ich liebe es! Meine Haare fühlen sich schon beim Waschen gleich viel besser an. Aus der gleichen Reihe verwende ich ab und zu auch mal die Haarbutter, finde ich auch ganz cool :)

Balea Locken Styling Cream:
I really love this. Often I don't believe what advertisements tell you so I don't even try most of the products but in this case everything they write about it is true. Defines your curls perfectly!
Dieses Wundermittel benutze ich nach jedem Haarewaschen.Erst im Handtuchtrockenen Haar, später im einigermaßen trockenen, direkt vor dem Einflechten. All die Versprechen, die auf der Verpackung stehen sind ausnahmsweise mal wahr! :)

What else?
I also like to use olive oil from time to time - I put it in the long endings of my hair for an hour or maybe even the whole night.
I change my shampoo every now and then but I really like Alverde, mostly because it smells so good and like Balea, too. At the moment I use some stuff by Elvital for dry hair.
Was auch prima hilft ist einfach mal ein bisschen Olivenöl, das man in den Längen der Haare verteilen und ein Stündchen drin lassen kann. Oder auch gleich über nacht - aber dann besser ein Handtuch unterlegen ;)
Mein Shampoo wechsel ich immer mal aber meistens benutze ich Alverde oder Balea Sachen für trockenes / brüchiges / strapaziertes Haar :)

Do you have any other suggestions for Hair Care products? I also loved Paul Mitchell and used that a lot a few years ago - beck in the times when my mum paid them, haha ;) So, I am always happy about new suggestions!
Habt ihr noch irgendwelche anderen Vorschläge was Haarpflegeprodukte angeht? Früher hab ich auch sehr viel Paul Mitchell benutzt - als meine Mama mir das bezahlt hat ;) Ich freu mich aber immer über neue Empfehlungen!

4 Kommentare

  1. Hello ! Thank you for sharing your tips ^^
    I've manage to use products without animal experimentation, to wash and moisturizing my hair i use Lush products, less expensive than organic products and long last ! But unfortunately they don't have styling product for curly hair, so i try different brands since i didn't find the perfect one for me. At the moment i use The Body Shop, not bad and not too expensive.

    To define curl have you ever try scrunching and ploping ? (if you don't what i'm talking about http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/to-plop-or-not-to-plop). A lot of curly girls (including me) do that and the results are really impressive ! I think it would look good on you ^^

    And for sleeping i would recommend you to tie your hair very high on the top of your head, instead of making plaits which can destroy the curl (but i'm thinking that maybe you want less volume, so indeed plaits are good for that...)

    Have a nice end of sunday ^^

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. We also have a Body Shop here in Kiel, maybe I will try that but so far I am absolutely in love with Alverde because all the products smell so good and are not that expensive. And, well, they are vegan :)

      Actually I don't really understand how scrunching and ploping works... I will see if I can find another tutorial about that... But when I put a towel around my head and want my hair to get dry I can wait for aaages so I am not sure if it would be the right thing for me :D

      For my part I really like the effect I get with plaits - might be the way one makes them but they never destroy my curls, they rather define them :)

      Have a great day :)

      Löschen
  2. Thanks for sharing these, I am trying to grow my hair longer, so it's good to know. I also have many allergies, to it's good to know these are probably gentle, and also I am impressed that someone who has allergies to products can go on to become a successful model, congratulations! You are inspirational!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Well, you just need to check carefully before you buy anything :) I usually do my make-up myself so I only use products that don't cause allergies :)
      Thank you very much for your words!

      Löschen